Here’s everything you need to know ahead of Wigan Warriors Women’s 2023 Betfred Super League game against Leeds Rhinos. The Warriors Women face the Rhinos at Headingley Stadium on Saturday 9th September (12:15pm K.O.).
The Warriors and the Rhinos will come head-to-head for the third time this season in the final regular round of the Betfred Women’s Super League before the play-offs commence. A win for Wigan on Saturday would confirm a fourth place finish.
The Warriors have named their 19-player squad for the trip to Leeds. Grace Banks, Beri Salihi and Gabi Leigh return to the squad as Rachel Thompson drops out following a failed HIA against Huddersfield Giants.
Women’s squad to face Leeds:
- Leeds 14, Wigan 6 (CCSF, 23/7/23)(at Headingley Stadium)
- Wigan 0, Leeds 52 (SL, 9/7/23)
- Leeds 64, Wigan 6 (SL-G1, 21/7/22)
- Wigan 12, Leeds 48 (SL-G1, 3/7/22)
- Leeds 28, Wigan 10 (SL-PO, 12/9/21)
- Wigan 6, Leeds 28 (SL, 11/7/21)
- Leeds 16, Wigan 0 (SL, 29/9/19)
- Wigan 4, Leeds 12 (SL, 12/5/19)
- Leeds 16, Wigan 18 (SLGF, 13/10/18)(at Manchester Regional Arena)
- Leeds 22, Wigan 23 (SL, 12/8/18)
- Wigan 14, Leeds 20 (SL, 29/4/18)
- Wigan wins: 2
- Leeds wins: 9
Speaking ahead of Sunday’s game, Head Coach Kris Ratcliffe said: “We have put ourselves in a very strong position to secure a top four finish, and a play-off Semi Final.
“All season our focus has been about building our performances and resilience to compete and challenge the top three, with Leeds being one of those teams.”
Read the full preview from the Warriors Women’s Head Coach HERE.
As Saturday’s game is part of a double header with the Men’s game at Headingley Stadium, one ticket price is applicable for both games. Full ticket info can be found HERE.
Away Fan Guide
Making the trip to Headingley on Saturday? Make sure to check out our away fan guide HERE for all the important information.
Full match and match highlights from the game will be on Wigan TV following the game early next week. Not a subscriber? Join today from £5.99 per month HERE.
Wigan fans can follow every piece of the action via our social media channels and website.