Date of birth: 09/05/1996
Heritage number: 1075
Height: 5ft 10
Previous club: Wigan Academy (Wigan St. Patricks ARLFC)
Wigan Debut: vs Leigh Centurions (H), wing, won 20-0 at DW Stadium, 03/03/2017
Super League: 2018
League Leaders’ Shield: 2020
Renowned for his acrobatic diving style when scoring tries, Liam Marshall is an entertainer on the pitch after scoring 63 tries in 80 appearances in the first team.
- Marshall is a former Wigan Academy player who played for the Reserves side in 2016. He also played for Swinton Lions in the Championship in 2016, scoring 20 tries in 22 appearances.
- The winger was handed a professional contract with Wigan ahead of the 2017 season and he had a dream debut campaign, playing 24 times, scoring 23 tries and being named joint Wigan Warriors Young Player of the Year.
- Marshall made his first major final appearance in the 2017 Challenge Cup Final against Hull FC at Wembley Stadium.
- He signed a new four-year contract in April 2018 after a string of stand-out performances. Overall, in that year, he scored 16 tries in 21 games, but his season was cut short after picking up an ACL injury in August.
- He returned to the side in 2019, becoming Wigan’s top try scorer for the season with 17 in 24 games.
- Marshall had a bright start to 2020, but his season was cut short with a knee ligament injury sustained vs Castleford in late August. He appeared ten times, scoring six tries.
- The Winger returned to action in June 2021 after a 10-month spell on the sidelines recovering from the ACL injury.
- In 2021, he made 16 appearances and scored 7 tries.