Position: Loose forward
Date of birth: 03/02/1988
Previous club(s): Hillside Hawks ARLFC, Leigh East ARLFC
Representative honours: Lancashire, Team GB Women’s Teachers, England (three caps)
Wigan Debut: vs St Helens (Super League), April 2019
Heritage Number: 029
- Molyneux is the daughter of James (Jim) Molyneux, Wigan heritage number 667.
- She started playing rugby aged ten and represented Rochdale boys team.
- She then joined Hillside Hawks girls team aged 11 and represented Lancashire as a junior at Under-14 and Under-16.
- The loose forward started open age rugby at Hillside aged 16 and represented England in France in 2007.
- Molyneux made 12 appearances for Wigan in 2019, scoring three tries – her first coming against York City Knights.
- She was selected for England Performance Squad in 2020.
- Molyneux was captain of the Team GB Teachers squad in 2019, seeing the side to victory in their two games that year.
- As vice-captain for the Warriors in 2021, she made 11 appearances and scored 6 tries.
- Molyneux represented England for the first time in 14-years as they faced Wales, grabbing an assist in the 60-0 win.
- The loose forward was also selected for England to gain her third International cap as they beat France in September 2021.
- Molyneux showed her value as a player as she scooped four awards at the Women’s 2021 End of Season awards. The number 13 won Player of the Year, Players’ Player of the Year, Coaches Award and Warrior of the Year.
- 2022 saw Molyneux suffer a rare injury, sidelined for a number of weeks she made just 4 appearances.