Position: Prop forward
Date of birth: 12/06/1987
Heritage number: 1053
Height: 6ft 2
Previous club: London Broncos
Representative honours: England
Wigan Debut: vs Huddersfield (H), second row, lost 8-24 at DW Stadium, 07/02/2014
World Club Challenge: 2017
Super League: 2016, 2018 GFs
Tony Clubb has carved out a reputation for being a tough and uncompromising forward, no more so emphasised than in 2017 when he returned to play against Widnes in the Super League, 58 days after having one of his kidney’s removed.
- Having started out at centre, the Kent-raised Clubb made his Super League debut in 2006 for London Broncos (formally known as Harlequins RL) and was made Club captain in 2013.
- Played over 150 games for the London Club, scoring 47 tries before joining Wigan ahead of the 2014 season.
- Scored four tries for England, whilst at centre in the Four Nations win over Papua New Guinea in 2010.
- Played in the 2017 World Cup Challenge win vs Cronulla Sharks.
- Came off the bench in the 2018 Grand Final win against Warrington Wolves, after making 32 appearances throughout the campaign.
- Made 25 appearances under Adrian Lam in 2019, scoring three tries – one of which came 40 metres from the whitewash as Clubb picked up a loose ball and famously ran towards the corner in front of the Cherry and White away fans to seal victory for the Warriors.