Date of birth: 18/08/2001
Heritage number: 1104
Height: 6ft 1
Previous club: Wigan Academy (Shevington Sharks ARLFC)
Representative honours: England Academy
Wigan Debut: vs St Helens (H), wing, lost 0-42, at the AJ Bell Stadium, 29/09/2020
League Leaders’ Shield: 2020
After a fast progression in Wigan’s Academy with two Grand Final winning medals to show for, Halsall is now part of the Warriors first team.
- Born in Lancaster, Halsall moved to Orrell at a young age and grew up in Wigan.
- He went to the same school as fellow teammate Joe Shorrocks, who was in the year above him at St. Peters Catholic High School.
- After being inspired by his dad who encouraged him to take up Rugby League, Halsall joined Shevington Sharks ARLFC at the age of six.
- At amateur level, he played at full back and then moved into the halves. After signing for Wigan’s Scholarship system in 2016, he played on the wing and at full back, before moving into centre in the Academy.
- In his first season playing for the Under-19s team in 2018, he made 13 appearances, scoring four tries. He went on to become a Academy Super League winner after appearing in the Grand Final 14-6 win over Leeds Rhinos at the DW Stadium.
- In 2019, Halsall progressed in the Under-19s and cemented a permanent place in the side, scoring eight tries and converting 13 goals in 19 games.
- He started at centre in Wigan’s fifth straight Academy Grand Final appearance and helped the Warriors to their third consecutive title and tenth in the last 12 seasons, following the 22-10 victory over St Helens at the DW Stadium.
- Making a name for himself on the big stage, Halsall has scored a try in each of the last two Academy Grand Finals for Wigan.
- Whilst playing within Wigan’s Academy system, the 6ft 1 centre represented Lancashire four times in the Origin series against Yorkshire.
- Halsall made his professional debut for the Club in September 2020, appearing in a much-changed Wigan side, losing 0-42 to St Helens at the AJ Bell Stadium.
- Halsall went on loan to Championship outfit Newcastle Thunder, where he made 6 appearances in a successful loan spell.
- Recalled from Thunder at the end of 2021, Halsall went on to feature 8 times for Wigan and scored 3 tries.