Position: Prop Forward/Second Row
Date of birth: 7/11/2001
Previous club: London Broncos
Wigan Debut: N/A
- Before playing Rugby League, Silva competed in mixed martial arts including jiu-jitsu, boxing and MMA fighting. He took part in a Nationals competition for Olympic Wrestling aged 13.
- Silva was born in Sao Paulo, Brazil in 2001. He moved over to the UK with his parents when he was three-years-old.
- Silva has a background in mixed martial arts – taught by his father, Ricardo. Ramon previously trained at Nova Forca gym – a gym owned by his father and where professional MMA fighters from UFC and boxers go to train.
- He recently became a black belt in jui-jitsu and has also competed in boxing and MMA fighting, winning two MMA fights and taking part in a National competition for Olympic Wrestling aged 13.
- He started playing Rugby League aged 15 at Elmbridge Eagles Rugby League Club. After playing four games, Silva impressed and was signed up by London Broncos.
- Silva spent three seasons within London’s Academy system and in his first year he played alongside his now Wigan teammate Kai Pearce-Paul.
- He is primarily a prop forward but can also play as a second rower.
- Silva spent time on loan with Widnes Vikings and North Wales Crusaders in 2022 to allow him some game time.
- In 2022, Silva was a regular for the Wigan Reserves side and was part of the team that lifted the Reserves Grand Final trophy.