Position: Prop forward
Date of birth: 03/09/1998
Heritage number: 1089
Height: 5ft 11
Previous club: Wigan Academy (Orrell St. James ARLFC)
Representative honours: England Knights
Wigan Debut: vs Castleford Tigers (H), sub, won 24-22 at DW Stadium, 10/08/2018
Super League: 2018
League Leaders’ Shield: 2020
Renowned for his no-nonsense play and tough tackling, Partington burst on to the scene in 2018 and has since cemented his place in the first team squad – playing 45 games overall so far.
- A local prop forward who came through the Wigan Academy system.
- An Academy Grand Final winner after starting at prop in the 2017 Final against Castleford Tigers at the DW Stadium.
- The Wiganer was handed a professional deal with Wigan ahead of the 2018 season and he went on to make his first team debut in a Super League win against Castleford in August that year. He played five times for the Warriors in the 2018 campaign, whilst also featuring in games in the Championship on dual registration at Swinton Lions.
- 2019 went up a gear for Partington as he made 22 appearances under Adrian Lam. He scored two tries during the campaign – and they both came within two weeks of each other – the first in a 23-14 win away at Leeds Rhinos, before the second in front of the South Stand at the DW Stadium in a victory over Salford Red Devils.
- Partington signed a new four-year deal with Wigan during the 2019 season.
- His sensational debut season in the first team saw him win the Young Player of the Year Award, alongside fellow youngster Morgan Smithies, at the Club’s End of Season Awards Dinner.
- Having represented England at youth level in the past, Partington was called up to the England Knights squad for the first time in 2019 and started at prop in the 38-6 international fixture win over Jamaica in October.
- Partington continued to prove his worth in 2020, making 17 appearances and scoring one try, helping Wigan to lift their first League Leaders’ Shield since 2012.