Position: Prop forward
Date of Birth: 15/09/1998
Heritage number: 1119
Previous club: Warrington Wolves
Representative honours: England Knights, England (8 caps)
Wigan debut: vs Leeds Rhinos (A), substitute, at the Emerald Headingley Stadium, 21/07/2022
Challenge Cup: 2019
Super League Dream Team: 2020
An old fashioned prop forward, Cooper has a wealth of experience in the game.
- Cooper joined Wigan in July 2022, ending a 14-year career with Warrington over two spells.
- Cooper has previously played 238 games for Warrington Wolves and made 69 appearances for St George Illawarra Dragons in the NRL.
- He won the Challenge Cup in 2019 with Warrington Wolves and was awarded a testimonial a year later.
- A member of the 2020 Super League Dream Team, the 6ft 1 forward is renowned for his tireless and consistent performances and having a powerful offensive game in both attack and defence.
- Cooper has also represented England – featuring for the Knights in 2011 and 2012 before playing for the first team against France and New Zealand in 2015. He has eight caps to date.
- Cooper is contracted to Wigan for 2023 and has a further 12-month option.
- Since making his Wigan debut late in 2022, Cooper went on to make 7 appearances in cherry & white.
- He scored 1 try for the Club in 2022, and was a great addition to the forward pack ahead of his first full season in 2023.
- In October 2022, Cooper was selected in the England squad for RLWC21 and featured as England beat Samoa 60-6 in the opening group game.
- Cooper also made appearances in England’s Round 3 group game against Greece, the Quarter Final against Papua New Guinea and Semi Final defeat to Samoa.