Position: Second row
Date of birth: 02/07/1990
Heritage number: 1017
Previous club: Wigan Academy (Wigan St Pats ARLFC)
Representative honours: England, England Knights
Wigan Debut: vs Wakefield (H), sub (one try), won 54-4 at DW Stadium, 05/04/2010
World Club Challenge: 2017
Super League: 2010, 2013, 2016, 2018 GFs
Challenge Cup: 2011, 2013
League Leaders’ Shield: 2010, 2012
Harry Sunderland Trophy: 2016
Super League Dream Team: 2015, 2019
A one-club man who has had a glittering career so far – winning all there is to claim in the game – and is now one of the key leaders in the Wigan squad.
- A product of the Wigan academy having played for the Club’s Under-18s and Under-20s teams.
- Liam is a distant cousin to former Wigan player Andy Farrell and brother to ex-Warrior Connor.
- Made his debut in 2010 and went on to complete a dream first season playing 23 games, including the Grand Final win over St Helens.
- His 80th minute match-winning try in the Good Friday derby against St Helens in 2010 will be part of club folklore.
- A double Challenge Cup winner with Wigan – in 2011 (vs Leeds Rhinos) and 2013 (vs Hull FC).
- Won the League Leaders’ Shield with the Warriors in 2010 and 2012.
- Played twice for England at the 2013 World Cup and was an ever-present in the 2014 Four Nations Series.
- Was part of the 2017 World Club Challenge squad that beat Cronulla Sharks at the DW Stadium.
- A four-time Grand Final winner with Wigan (2010 vs St Helens and 2013, 2016, 2018 vs Warrington Wolves).
- A Harry Sunderland Trophy winner after he returned from injury to play an instrumental part in the 2016 Grand Final.
- Played 17 games and scored eight tries in 2019 under Adrian Lam – a season which saw him being named in the Super League Dream Team for the second time in his career (2015 was his first time).
- He is set to enter his 11th year at his hometown club after ten stellar seasons in Cherry and White.