Position: Second row
Date of birth: 19/02/2001
Heritage number: 1109
Previous club: London Broncos (Croydon Hurricanes)
Representative honours: England Knights
Wigan Debut: vs St Helens (H), sub, lost 0-42, at the AJ Bell Stadium, 29/09/2020
League Leaders’ Shield: 2020
A 6ft 5 youngster who joined Wigan on a four-year deal in 2020 and is studying at University whilst playing for the Cherry and Whites.
- Born in Bromley in south-east London, Pearce-Paul played his amateur Rugby League at Croydon Hurricanes.
- He joined London Broncos’ Academy and has previously played against Wigan in Under-19s fixtures.
- The back rower impressed with a string of commanding performances whilst playing for the Broncos’ Under-19s side, as well as representing Lancashire in the Academy Origin series.
- He signed a four-year deal with Wigan at the end of 2019.
- The forward is currently studying at the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan), studying a Sports and Exercise Science degree.
- Made his Wigan debut in a much-changed side off the bench in a 0-42 defeat to St Helens at the AJ Bell Stadium in September 2020.
- 2021 was a breakthrough year for Pearce-Paul, who went on to make 19 appearances that season.
- At the Warriors End of Season Awards evening in 2021, Kai Pearce-Paul was awarded Joint Player of the Year alongside Joe Shorrocks for his efforts.
- A groin injury in the early stages of 2022 limited Pearce-Paul to 18 appearances, whilst crossing for 4 tries.
- On conclusion of the season, Pearce-Paul was selected for England Knights where he made his debut, before being called up to England’s RLWC2021 squad.
- Pearce-Paul made his England RLWC debut against France in which he scored one try and registered two assists.