Position: Loose forward
Date of birth: 25/11/1999
Heritage number: 1095
Previous club: Wigan Academy (Wigan St. Patricks ARLFC)
Wigan Debut: vs Wakefield Trinity (A), second row (sub), lose 30-20 at The Mobile Rocket Stadium, 12/04/19
Before deciding to full concentrate on rugby league Shorrocks was part of Preston North End Football Club Academy as well as Lancashire County Cricket Club.
- Born in Billinge, Shorrocks grew up in Wigan and went to St. Peters High School in Orrell.
- He balanced his love for football and cricket, as he turned to rugby league, playing for amateur club, Wigan St. Patricks ARLFC.
- Shorrocks signed for the Wigan Scholarship system in 2014 and has since progressed immensely in the Under-16s and Under-19s teams as a loose forward.
- Not only playing for Lancashire’s and England’s youth sides, the 19-year-old was a member of the successful England Academy who beat Australia 2-0 in the 2018 series.
- After making 20 appearances and scoring five tries in 2018, the back-rower was part of Wigan’s Under-19s Grand Final winning side against Leeds Rhinos at the DW Stadium.
- In 2019, the youngster played 18 times for the Under-19s, scoring six tries throughout the campaign.
- He made his senior debut for Wigan as he came off the bench against Wakefield Trinity in April 2019.
- Continuing to play for the Under-19s throughout the year, he featured in the Grand Final victory over St Helens at the DW Stadium.
- Ahead of the 2020 season, Shorrocks was given the No.33 jersey as part of Adrian Lam’s first team squad.