Position: Loose Forward / Second Row
Date of birth: 25/11/1999
Heritage number: 1095
Wigan Debut: vs Wakefield Trinity (A), second row (sub), lose 30-20 at The Mobile Rocket Stadium, 12/04/19
Before deciding to full concentrate on rugby league, Joe Shorrocks was part of Preston North End Football Club Academy, as well as Lancashire County Cricket Club.
- Born in Billinge, Shorrocks grew up in Wigan and went to St. Peters High School in Orrell.
- He balanced his love for football and cricket, as he turned to rugby league, playing for amateur club, Wigan St. Patricks ARLFC.
- Shorrocks signed for Wigan’s Scholarship system in 2014 and has since progressed immensely in the Under-16s and Under-19s teams as a loose forward.
- Not only playing for Lancashire’s and England’s Youth sides, the 19-year-old was a member of the successful England Academy who beat Australia 2-0 in the series last year.
- The back-rower was also part of Wigan’s Under-19s Grand Final winning side against Leeds Rhinos at the DW Stadium.
- In 2019, the youngster has played four times for the Under-19s, scoring two tries in the opening round against London Broncos.
- Shorrocks made his senior debut as he came off the bench against Wakefield Trinity in April.