Position: Second row
Date of birth: 02/04/1993
Heritage number: 1086
Height: 6ft 4
Previous club: Gold Coast Titans
Representative honours: England, England Knights
Wigan Debut: vs Leeds (H), sub, won 46-8 at DW Stadium, 28/06/2018
Super League: 2018 GF
Joe Greenwood is a powerful and strong running forward who always has an eye for the try line, bursting through defences and setting up attacks.
- Joe is the brother of former Wigan academy product James Greenwood.
- Greenwood was a junior of Saddleworth Rangers ARLFC and he began his career at St Helens, where he played for five seasons, making 77 appearances.
- Joined NRL side Gold Coast Titans in 2017 and played in 22 games, scoring four tries.
- Signed for Wigan mid-way through 2018 and made his debut in a win against Leeds Rhinos at the DW Stadium in June. He went on to score four tries in 11 appearances in his debut campaign for the Club – including featuring in the Grand Final triumph over Warrington Wolves.
- Consistent performances for Wigan led to him being called up to the England Squad for the first time for the 2018 international three-match series against New Zealand.
- He was named in the 17-man squad for England’s third Test against the Kiwis at Elland Road and made his international debut, winning the 2018 Baskerville Trophy after the 2-1 series victory.
- After a number of head injuries in 2019, Greenwood went on to play 21 games for the Warriors, scoring seven tries.
- He was called up to the England Knights squad in October and started and scored in the 38-6 win in the international fixture win over Jamaica.