Date of birth: 04/01/1996
Heritage number: 1102
Previous club: Salford Red Devils
Representative honours: Great Britain
Wigan Debut: vs Warrington Wolves (H), stand-off, won 16-10 at the DW Stadium, 30/01/2020
Steve Prescott Man of Steel: 2019
Super League Dream Team: 2019
A stand-out performer in Super League for the last two seasons, 2019 Steve Prescott Man of Steel Jackson Hastings joined Wigan in 2020.
- Hastings was born in Wollongong, New South Wales in 1996 and has an English descent through his grandmother.
- He is the son Kevin Hastings, who played 239 games for Sydney Roosters between 1976 and 1987. The Kevin Hastings Stand, at the Sydney Football Stadium, which is the Roosters’ stadium, was named in his honour.
- In 2013, Jackson played for the New South Wales Under-16s and Under-18s teams and was selected for the Australian Schoolboys.
- In August 2013, the stand-off signed for Sydney Roosters and followed in his father’s footseps as he made his debut against South Sydney Rabbitohs in 2014.
- Hastings played with Warriors Head Coach Adrian Lam’s son, Lachlan, in the Under-19s Sydney Roosters squad in 2016.
- In 2015, Hastings played for Australia’s Junior team and appeared for the New South Wales Under-20s team.
- A year later, he signed a two-year contract at Manly Warringah Sea Eagles starting in 2017, as he scored a try on his debut against North Queensland Cowboys.
- In July 2018, Hastings joined Super League having signed for Salford Red Devils and he was instrumental in saving his side from relegation.
- In 2019, he made 29 appearances for Salford, scoring eight tries and providing 36 assists. He was also second in the Super League chart for most metres made by a player in the season, making 3,763m overall.
- After signing a pre-contract agreement with Wigan to join the Club in 2020, Hastings went on to guide Salford to their first ever Grand Final appearance at Old Trafford, just five days before being named the 2019 Steve Prescott Man of Steel at the Super League Awards. He was also named in the 2019 Betfred Super League Dream Team.
- Hastings has also become a leading example off the field in rugby league, becoming an ambassador for the Learning Disability Super League.
- After his outstanding season for Salford and having an English heritage through his grandmother, Hastings was eligible to play for the Great Britain Lions and featured in all four games on the Tour of New Zealand and Papua New Guinea in October and November.
- The 24-year-old made his debut for Wigan in the opening game of the 2020 Betfred Super League season – a 16-10 win over Warrington Wolves at the DW Stadium.