Position: Scrum half
Date of birth: 25/01/2000
Heritage number: 1099
Height: 5ft 8
Previous club: Wigan Academy (Halton Farnworth Hornets)
Representative honours: England Knights
Wigan Debut: vs Catalans Dragons (H), scrum half (sub) (scored one try), won 46-12 at the DW Stadium, 06/09/19
A three-time Academy Grand Final winner, Harry Smith scored on his Super League debut for Wigan in 2019.
- A former St. Jude’s ARLFC junior, Widnes-born Smith joined Wigan’s Scholarship system as a 14-year-old from Halton Farnworth Hornets.
- The half-back’s rise through the Academy saw him become captain of the Under-19s, as well as a three-time Grand Final winner (2017, 2018 and 2019) and the 2018 Under-19s Player of the Year.
- Smith was influential as he captained England’s Academy side to a 2-0 series win against Australia in December 2018.
- In 2019, the scrum half joined Swinton Lions on loan in the Championship, as well as playing for Wigan’s Under-19s.
- He made his first team debut for Wigan in September 2019, coming off the bench and scoring a try in a 46-12 win over Catalans Dragons at the DW Stadium.
- After a special season, Smith was rewarded, internationally, with a call up to the England Knights squad for the first time and started in the halves in the 38-6 international fixture win over Jamaica in October.
- Ahead of the 2020 campaign he was given the No.28 jersey as part of Adrian Lam’s first team squad.