Date of birth: 26/10/2000
Heritage number: 1097
Height: 6ft 3
Previous club: Wigan Academy (Wigan St. Patricks ARLFC)
Wigan Debut: vs Wakefield Trinity (H), prop (sub), won 46-16 at DW Stadium, 18/07/19
A 19-year-old prop forward who was born in Sofia, Bulgaria before growing up in Wigan to later join the Club’s Academy where he would progress to make his professional debut.
- Havard was born in Sofia, the capital city of Bulgaria, as his parents worked there at the time; his mother was a nurse and his father worked in telecommunications.
- Born as Joseph Ethan Havard, his name is part of a family tradition, as his father is called Joseph Kieron Havard and his grandad is called Joseph Brian Havard.
- When Ethan was six-months-old, his family moved back to England in Bath, before moving to Wigan a few years later – where his father, Kieron, is from.*
- He first got in to rugby league at the age of five as his father was a coach at Wigan St. Patricks ARLFC – Ethan started playing for the Under-7s team when he was six-years-old.
- After being approached by Wigan, Havard joined the Club’s Scholarship system half-way through 2016.
- He played the full second year in 2017 and was awarded The Riversiders (Wigan Warriors Supporters Club) Under-16s Player of the Year.
- In 2018, he moved up to the Under-19s level in Wigan’s Academy and played a part in the Grand Final winning squad that beat Leeds Rhinos 14-6 at the DW Stadium in September.
- After stand-out performances in 2019, the 6ft 3 forward made his professional debut for the Club in the 46-16 win over Wakefield Trinity in July.
- Havard became a double Academy Grand Final winner when he started at prop in the 22-10 triumph over St Helens at the DW Stadium in September.
- After two years playing for the Under-19s, he made 42 appearances and scored 16 tries.
- He was given the No.30 shirt as part of Adrian Lam’s first team squad for the 2020 season.
- After a fine half of the 2020 campaign, Ethan signed a new deal with the Club in September 2020, committing his future to Wigan until the end of the 2022 season, with an option for a further year in 2023.