Date of birth: 26th October 2000
Previous club: Wigan Academy (Wigan St Pats ARLFC)
An 18-year-old prop forward, Ethan was born in Sofia, the capital city of Bulgaria. His parents worked in Sofia, as his mother was a nurse and his father worked in telecommunications. When Ethan was 6-months-old, his family moved back to England in Bath, before moving to Wigan a few years later – where his father, Kieron, is from.
- Born on the 26th October 2000 he was named as Joseph Ethan Havard. His name is part of a family tradition, as his father is called Joseph Kieron Havard and his grandad is called Joseph Brian Havard.
- He first got in to rugby league at the age of five as his father was a coach at Wigan St Patricks ARLFC. Ethan started playing for the Under-7s team when he was 6-years-old.
- After being approached by Wigan, Havard joined the Club’s Scholarship system half-way through 2016. He played the full second year in 2017 and was awarded The Riversiders (Wigan Warriors Supporters Club) Under-16s Player of the Year.
- In 2018, he moved up to the Under-19s level in Wigan’s Academy and was part of the Grand Final winning squad that beat Leeds Rhinos 14-6 at the DW Stadium in September. He went on to make 21 appearances and score ten tries throughout last year’s campaign.
- This season, 6ft 3 Havard has sustained his position as prop forward within the Under-19s side, playing 14 games and scoring five tries.
- On 16th July, Havard was named as No.42 in the 19-man squad to face Wakefield Trinity in the Betfred Super League.
- If he makes his professional debut for the Club at the DW Stadium on Thursday, Ethan will be the 31st player to play for Wigan this season.