Position: Half back
Representative honours: NRL Indigenous All Stars
Previous club: Manly Sea Eagles
Wigan Debut: N/A
- His ability to be aggressive in his attacking approach, a solid kicking game, and versatility to play in the halves and at hooker will provide Wigan with an abundance of creativity, pace and skill in 2022.*
- Cust, 23, joins Wigan from Manly Warringah Sea Eagles where he played 27 games in the NRL, scoring nine tries.
- Born in Scone, New South Wales, Cust started playing Rugby League for his local junior side Scone Thoroughbreds. After then being scouted by Manly, he and his family travelled to Sydney each week to allow Cust to train and play for Manly’s junior teams.
- Cust impressed and went on to progress through the ranks at the Sea Eagles, playing a major role in helping the side win the final Holden Cup Premiership in 2017, before playing in the Canterbury Cup NSW for Manly’s feeder club side, Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles.
- In Round 10 of the 2019 campaign, Cust made his NRL debut against Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks and scored his first try for the Sea Eagles two games later against Penrith Panthers.
- Cust, who is of Aboriginal descent and recently represented the Indigenous All Stars this year.