Position: Half-back / Full-back / Wing
Date of birth: 04/01/1996
Heritage number: 1098
Height: 5ft 9
Previous club: Parramatta Eels
Representative honours: NRL Indigenous All Stars
Wigan Debut: vs Hull KR (H), wing (sub), won 36-18 at DW Stadium, 09/08/19
Renowned for his electric pace and dancing feet, Bevan French can play a variety of positions in the halves and in the backline.
- Born in Tingha, New South Wales, French is of Indigenous Australian descent and played his junior rugby league for Tingha Tigers RLFC.
- He is the nephew of former Australian international and St George Illawarra Dragons and Hull FC winger Nathan Blacklock.
- A noted finisher, French made 47 appearances for Parramatta Eels since his debut in May 2016 and scored 35 tries overall.
- The Australian back also represented the Indigenous All Stars in 2017.
- He joined Wigan halfway through the 2019 season after being granted a release from Parramatta and is contracted to the Club until 2022.
- French made his debut for Wigan as he came off the bench in the 36-18 win over Hull KR at the DW Stadium on 9th August and scored a try on his first start for the Club a week later in the victory against Warrington Wolves.
- He went on to play eight times for the Warriors in 2019 and scored six tries.
- Following George Williams’ exit to the NRL, French was given the No.6 jersey in Adrian Lam’s squad for 2020.