Date of birth: 05/01/2001
Heritage number: 1096
Height: 5ft 6
Previous club: Wigan Academy (Siddal ARLFC)
Wigan Debut: vs Salford Red Devils (A), hooker (sub), won 30-26 at AJ Bell Stadium, 22/04/19
A 19-year-old hooker who came off the bench to make his senior Wigan debut against Salford Red Devils in Super League in April 2019.
- Huddersfield-born Bourouh played for Halifax-based amateur club, Siddal ARLFC as a junior.
- Bourouh played alongside current Wigan teammate Morgan Smithies at Siddal and grew up with him on the rugby league amateur stage.
- In 2015, the hooker signed for the Warriors’ Scholarship system at the age of 14.
- His development in the Academy saw him represent England’s Under-16s side.
- He made 36 appearances and scored 13 tries in two years (2018 and 2019) playing for Wigan’s Under-19s side.
- After making his debut for the first team in April last year, Bourouh went on to become an Academy Grand Final winner in September after coming off the bench to play a part in the 22-10 triumph over St Helens at the DW Stadium.
- Bourouh’s dynamic and explosive runs from dummy half has resulted in him becoming a firm part of Adrian Lam’s plans for the future, with him now holding the No.32 jersey for the 2020 season.