Wigan Warriors Community Foundation, in partnership with Blackburn Rovers Community Trust are recruiting for the role of Lancashire Rugby League Development Officer to develop and grow the current offer of rugby league in all of its forms across Lancashire and beyond.
In an exciting new partnership with Blackburn Rovers Community Trust, the role will develop and increase the presence of both parties throughout all localities of Lancashire by providing opportunities to access rugby league related school provision, holiday and match day activities, healthy recreation and well-being improvement programmes.
- 12 month fixed term contract
- Work in close partnership with Blackburn Rovers Community Trust to service Blackburn with Darwen Schools Sport Partnership (BwD BWD SSP) Primary Rugby League delivery requirements.
- Work with secondary schools in Lancashire to deliver and grow Rugby League 9’s participation in line with the Rugby Football League’s 11-14 growth strategy.
- Explore and support the establishment of a Lancashire based amateur rugby league club based ideally within the Blackburn and Darwen area.
- Lead on all health and wellbeing, holiday camps and match day related projects within Lancashire.
- Work towards and achieve income targets set by Sky Try/BWD SSP and the Community Foundation/Trust.
- Be a flexible member of the Wigan Warriors Community Foundation and Blackburn Rovers Community Trust teams and when requested assist in the delivery of other projects and activities.
You will have:
- NGB Level 2 qualification in Coaching Rugby League
- A proven track record of delivering rugby league coaching to young people in a school environment.
- Significant experience working in or developing sport with young people.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
To apply for the position please complete the application form detailing how you meet the criteria for the role. Please return your completed application to Head of Community, Mike Wearden, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is: Monday August 5th at 12pm Interview date: Friday August 9th
Wigan Warriros Community Foundation are committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
The Company is committed to safeguarding all children, young people and adults at risk involved in its activities and events. The Company recognises its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of these vulnerable groups by a commitment to procedures to protect them. The Company expects all staff and volunteers to fully support and promote these commitments.