Wigan Warriors Rugby League Club are looking to recruit an Administration and Student Support Officer to profile support in various departments across the Wigan Warriors Group of companies.
- Administration & Student Support Officer
- Head of Departments
- Wigan Warriors Academy, Robin Park Arena, Loire Dr, Wigan WN5 0UH
The Administration & Student Support Officer will play a key role in supporting various departments across the Wigan Warriors Group of companies. The Administration & Student Support Officer will be responsible for providing a full range of services and welfare for students whilst providing general administrative support to staff and visitors.
General administration will include processing enrolment applications, event bookings, answering enquiries in person and by telephone, handling cash and enrolment fees, supporting community event planning, updating the education departments MIS database system and ensuring procedures and processes are always accurately followed.
Based within the newly established IT Suite at Robin Park, the Administration & Student Support Officer will supervise and control student use of all IT, managing the booking system and supporting students with basic organisation of course work materials.
- Carry out administrative tasks related to student and tutor data held within the MIS system.
- Comply with all education & community departments systems and procedures necessary to ensure accurate, complete and robust data is collected and maintained for all of the provision with adherence to Data Protection legislation and funding body guidelines.
- Complete requests for data ensuring they are completed promptly and accurately as required.
- Adhere to the education & community departments positive commitment to inclusivity and equal opportunities for all users at all times.
- Manage the IT Suite booking system to ensure accurate records are maintained and fair usage for all student and external bodies.
- Supervise students within the IT Suite to ensure acceptable use of all equipment at all times.
- Provide one to one assistance to students that require additional support with organisation of course learning materials.
- Provide support to the Designated Safeguarding Officer when dealing with student welfare issues.
- Provide a warm welcome for visitors to the site, dealing with enquiries in a professional and efficient manner.
- Work with the Head of Education & Community Foundation Manager to maximise opportunities for customer feedback.
- Assist service users to complete enrolment forms as required and to ensure they are uploaded onto the enrolment system accurately and as efficiently as possible.
- To ensure that Data Protection regulations are adhered to at all times.
- Deal with complaints from customers, clients, staff or the public promptly and in accordance with the education departments complaint procedures.
Course Enrolment & Continued Student Services
- Process enrolments and maintain student records in accordance with the funding body’s guidelines
- Provide administrative and telephony services within Student Services and Curriculum Administration, dealing with enquiries and transactions as necessary.
- To complete day to day routine office duties, including photocopying, filing, distribution of posters, student queries, transfers and tutor enquiries some of which will be confidential.
- Help with the organisation of events in conjunction with the Head of Education & Head of Marketing as appropriate.
- Contribute to the efficient operation of Student Services and Curriculum Administration in reviewing and updating operational procedures, forms and information, held either in document format or on the electronic systems.
- Contact and liaise with schools / users to arrange recruitment events.
- Contact parents, guardians / student s in relation to absenteeism & punctuality to education courses.
- Support other club departments as required.
- Undertake appropriate, continuing professional development. To attend relevant or internal meetings as required. To ensure that all activities undertaken, are in line with the education departments commitment to safeguard and promote the welfare of all.
- Promote by consistent example, both internally and externally, the philosophy, values and behaviours of the education department.
- Attend ‘Equality & Diversity’ meetings as the WWCF/EA as the Equality & Diversity representative.
- To carry out the duties of the post with due regard to the Education & Community Departments Equal Opportunities policies.
- Assist in carrying out the departments Health and Safety policies, practices and legislation and ensure compliance and that safe working practices are adopted at all times.
- Carry out other duties commensurate with the post.
The role links to the following objectives in the club & community strategy:
- Tackle 3 – Community Development
We strive to make all that we do outstanding. Being outstanding isn’t a sometime thing; it’s an all-time thing. We don’t just do things right once in a while. We do them right all the time. You are expected to abide by these principles and ensure extremely high standards are maintained at all times.
The role is full time based on a 37.5 hour working week. You will be expected to support occasional education and foundation focused events during evenings / weekends as required.
This post is subject to disclosure procedures
To apply for the position please send your CV and cover letter detailing how you meet the criteria for the role to email@example.com.