Three Wigan Warriors Under-16s players have been announced in the England Youth squad.
England set to play two Test Matches against France in July.
- Logan Astley, Matty Nicholson and Alex Sutton have all been named in the squad.
Three Wigan Warriors Under-16s players have been named in England Youth’s 22-strong squad for this month’s Youth internationals against France.
England will play two Test Matches against the French – at the KCOM Craven Park Stadium in Hull on Wednesday 17 July (kick-off 7pm) and at Wakefield’s Mobile Rocket Stadium on Saturday 20 July (kick-off 2pm). Both games will be shown live on the RFL’s Our League app.
Warriors youngsters Logan Astley, Matty Nicholson and Alex Sutton have all been named in the squad.
Wigan are one of five clubs to have three representatives, with Castleford Tigers, City of Hull, St Helens and Warrington Wolves each supplying three players.
Huddersfield Giants, Leeds Rhinos, London Broncos, Newcastle Thunder and Wakefield Trinity also have players in the squad.
England Youth team offers a well-established pathway to the elite level, via the England Academy system. Both are incorporated within the RFL’s England Performance Unit (EPU) which aims to develop more world-class England players for all senior squads by 2021.
Head Coach Danny Wilson is supported by, among others, the former Great Britain international and Man of Steel Paul Sculthorpe, whose role as England Pathways Coach focuses on the development of country’s outstanding young players.
The full squad (including academy side, school and community club details) is as follows:
- Jake Anderson (Newcastle Thunder/Lord Lawson of Beamish/Gateshead Storm)
- Logan Astley (Wigan Warriors/Standish High/Orrell)
- Owen Blackwood (St Helens/Saint Peter & Paul’s/Blackbrook)
- Luke Broadbent (Warrington Wolves/St Bernard’s/Walney Central)
- Archie Fletcher (Castleford Tigers/Malet Lambert/West Hull)
- Bailey Hodgson (Castleford Tigers/Wolfreton/West Hull)
- Jacob Hookem (City of Hull/Malet Lambert/Skirlaugh)
- Coby Nichol (Leeds Rhinos/Brooksbank/Siddal)
- Matty Nicholson (Wigan Warriors/Brooksbank/Siddal)
- Taylor Pemberton (St Helens/Lowton High/Leigh East)
- Will Pryce (Huddersfield Giants/Queensbury/Siddal)
- Kieran Rennox (Warrington Wolves/Hawkley Hall/Wigan St Patrick’s)
- Cain Robb (Castleford Tigers/Driffield/West Hull)
- Fenton Rogers (Huddersfield Giants/Saddleworth/Saddleworth Rangers)
- Femi Sanya (London Broncos/Coopers & Coborn/Brentwood Eels)
- Isaac Shaw (Wakefield Trinity/Shelley College/Emley Moor)
- Joel Speed (City of Hull/Cottingham/West Hull)
- Leon Stewart (City of Hull/Sirius Academy West/West Hull)
- Reece Sumner (St Helens/Wade Deacon/Widnes Moorfield)
- Alex Sutton (Wigan Warriors/Wade Deacon/Blackbrook)
- Ajahni Wallace (Leeds Rhinos/Rastrick/Siddal)
- Tom Whitehead (Warrington Wolves/Saddleworth/Saddleworth Rangers)