- Academy Physiotherapist
- Full-time (includes weekend/bank holiday work)
- Base Salary: 20-25K p.a. Dependant on Experience
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Medical Services as part of the multi-disciplinary performance team. Working primarily with the Wigan Warriors academy program and assisting with support for first team and reserve team fixtures and training cover, duties will include:
• Assessment, Screening and Rehabilitation of all Wigan Warriors academy players.
• Design and implement management plans for all Academy level players.
• Provide Pitch-Side Care for Academy and Reserve League Matches.
• Appropriate Record-Keeping of All Injuries.
• General Department Management and Support Senior Staff.
You will ideally have a minimum of 1 year post-graduate experience and have some experience of working within a rugby league or a professional sports team environment. Communication and interpersonal skills are crucial to the role. Current RFU/RFL pitchside qualification or equivalent is desirable along with a comprehensive CPD Portfolio with evidence of interest in sports medicine/sports physiotherapy.
The post-holder will be a qualified Chartered Physiotherapist, and registered member of The Health and Care Professions Council.
To apply, please send your full CV and Cover Letter with Current Remuneration by email to Thomas O’Malley (Head of Medical Services) at Wigan Warriors: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 23rd November 2018 Interviews dates: Week of the 10th December