Wigan Rugby League Club Ltd
If you are a creative soul with a passion for communicating and sport this job’s for you. We need someone for the creative presentation of our marketing, social media and video communications. You’ll be working closely with the Marketing Lead, Social Media Lead and the Video Lead. For the right person this role offers creative freedom, a high degree of responsibility and bundles of learning opportunities whilst working within a top professional sporting environment.
The Role: What You’ll Be Doing
- You will be a key point of contact for all media, press enquiries and club communications
- You’ll be writing, shooting and editing content for publication on numerous digital platforms (website, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter etc). Typically the content will consist of player interviews, features, highlights, community stories, sponsors’ stories and more.
- Social media - our strategy and tactics are good; you’ll support the Social Media lead to help make them great through innovative design and presentation.
- Brand consistency - you’ll ensure that our internal and external comms reflect our brand values
- SEO - we want to rank highly on search, you’ll be making sure we have our content optimised to do just that, with the help of our experienced production team’s expertise.
- You will strive to think of ways we can use video and digital media to create value for our sponsors and partners
- Grow revenue through engagement, retention and loyalty of customers
- Working with our marketing team to define and deliver our CRM roadmap
- Maximise the potential of existing customer database and insights
- You’ll assist in the operation of the official club website, producing, editing and publishing content.
Requirements, About You: The Non-Negotiables
- Degree level or 3+ years experience in digital production
- You’ve got excellent copywriting skills, whether writing a longform article or composing a tweet, and you’re as comfortable editing and feeding back on content as you are creating it. You have work you can point to that supports this.
- You’re able to operate a video camera to a competent standard
- You’re able to edit and video content to create clips of varying forms for different purposes
- You’re comfortable designing simple graphics and text (training can be provided for this)
- You’re able to frequently work outside normal working hours including bank holidays, early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Attention to detail
- You’re full of ideas and enjoy working collaboratively, positively and with enthusiasm.
About You: The Negotiables
- Advanced design skills are a plus but not a must
- Experience within a media and marketing environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
More About Us - These are our values, if you share them, let’s talk.
Community First. The community is at the heart of everything we do, this is reflected in our everyday roles & responsibilities.
We’re Open. We’re honest, encouraging and hungry to learn. Every mistake we make is a chance to make what we do better. Black box thinking!
We Give a Damn. We care fiercely about the projects and people we work with. We thrive on challenges, on excitement and being one of the best sporting organisations in the world.
We’re leaders in our field. This means taking the initiative. driven by creativity, by the ability to spot opportunities, solutions and new ideas - and by the excitement of making those ideas a reality
What About the Money and Benefits?
£21k-£25k salary depending on experience. Laptop and phone CPD and learning opportunities Embrace flexible working
All applications must be made by sending a CV with cover letter by email to email@example.com or post, C/O Martin Mcloughlin, Head of Community and Marketing, Wigan Warriors, Central Park, Montrose Avenue, Wigan, WN5 9XL.
Entries must be submitted by 5pm, Monday 2nd July 2018