Compete for the inaugural Community Bake Off Champion Title!
We are currently looking for the final 2 contestants for our new, exciting event - The Great Charity Bake Off - where you will compete for the title of Champion Charity Baker. So if you’re a marvellous muffin maker or a brilliant biscuit baker, a know-it-all kneeder or pie perfectionist, take on the challenge and help raise money for the local community and vital lung cancer research.
The Charity Fundraiser will be held at Central Park, home of the Wigan Warriors with all proceeds being divided between two fantastic charities: Wigan Warriors Community Foundation and Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation.
Just like the TV show, contestants will face three challenges:
- Testing your personality, creative flair and ability, this is your opportunity to present your ‘tried and tested’ bake and produce something cute, rustic and altogether homemade.
- This challenge separates the wheat from the chaff. Take one basic recipe with the same ingredients and instructions, you’ll need to use your baking knowledge and experience - or lack of - to produce the finished product. What could go wrong?!
- The oven gloves are off for the final challenge where you’ll be asked to bake to impress! The judges will be looking for the most impressive and elaborate creations that better taste good too.
All contestants must:
- Be over the age of 16
- Never have worked as a full time baker or chef
- Be able to commit to a minimum sponsorship target of £250 to help fund lung cancer research as well as encouraging friends and family to buy tickets and attend the event
- Be available from 9am to 10pm on Saturday 1st April
There are only six places available for this competition so apply early to avoid disappointment. Deadline for entries is 31st January 2017.
To apply, simply click on the following link and compete the Interest Form and a member of our events team will be in touch: