Wigan Warriors are currently looking to expand their Sports Sales Department ahead of the huge up coming Festival of Rugby and Big One events.
The Academy was launched in February 2009 and has seen a number of staff graduate from the programme with fantastic experience of working for one of the countries pioneers in sports marketing.
The Warriors are now looking for a new intake of 2 part time staff into the Sports Sales Academy who will focus on outbound ticket sales and receive full on-the-job training. The successful applicants will also receive regular opportunities and work experience from other members of the Wigan Warriors Marketing and Commercial Departments.
Commenting, Direct Marketing Executive Paul MacLeod said:
"The Sports Sales Academy is a great starting point for any person who wants to get involved in professional sports".
In summary the role will involve:
- Outbound sales telephone calls to businesses and individuals to sell match, group and season tickets and promote Wigan Warriors events.
- Approximately 6 - 9 hours part time paid work per week at Wigan Warriors at national minimum wage. The hours are flexible but will involve some early evening work.
- Commission and bonus structure additional to the fixed wage.
- Opportunity for further voluntary work within the Warriors Marketing Department.
- Regular on-going training and experience throughout the season.
Applicants should have:
- Minimum 3 GCSE's
- Strong communications skills and good telephone manner
- Telesales experience (preferred but not compulsory)
Applications are by CV, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org marked with the word TELESALES in the subject box. These must be received by Friday 13th May 2011.