2024 Women’s Fixtures announced
- Betfred Women’s Super League Fixtures revealed.
- Wigan Women to open season with clash against Barrow Raiders.
- Sky Sports to showcase three games once again in 2024.
Wigan Warriors will start their 2024 Season at home to Barrow Raiders, with all 2024 fixtures confirmed.
York Valkyrie will launch their defence of the Betfred Women’s Super League against Challenge Cup holders St Helens at the LNER Community Stadium on Sunday April 21 – the first part of a double-header which also features York Knights taking on Bradford Bulls in the Betfred Championship.
That fixture will close the curtain on a three-day opening round of fixtures, with 2023 Grand Finalists Leeds Rhinos kicking off the season against Huddersfield Giants at AMT Headingley Stadium on Friday April 19.
On the same day Amanda Wilkinson’s Barrow Raiders begin life in the topflight with a tough trip to her old club Wigan Warriors. With Denis Betts now at the helm, the Warriors will be aiming for a strong start as they look to shake the top of the competition tree.
Armani Sharrock will also face a promoted side during her first game in charge of Warrington Wolves who host last year’s Group Two champions Featherstone Rovers at Victoria Park on Saturday April 20.
With the competition expanding to eight teams in 2024, the league campaign will have 14 rounds, concluding on the weekend of September 14/15 before the top four face off in the playoffs on September 20/21 for a spot in this year’s Grand Final on Sunday October 6.
Sky Sports will showcase three BWSL fixtures once again this year, in addition to the Play-Offs and Grand Final, those broadcast selections will be confirmed in the coming weeks.
All eight BWSL sides will begin their hunt for silverware in the Betfred Challenge Cup on the weekend of March 16/17, with the final returning to Wembley Stadium for only the second time on Saturday June 8.
Thomas Brindle, the General Manager of the BWSL, said: “After another record-breaking year in 2023, Clubs and fans alike are all gearing up for another fantastic season in the Betfred Women’s Super League.
“Last year’s Grand Final in York was a wonderful occasion and I know that all eyes will be on the LNER Community Stadium once again during the opening round when the Valkyrie and St Helens face off.
“This will be a monumental year for the Women’s game, with 2024 the beginning of a new national pyramid which will give our teams sitting in tier two and the regions a chance at promotion into the Super League – I can’t wait for us to get started.”
This year, the BWSL will comprise of eight teams with three regional leagues sitting underneath: Midlands Women’s Championship; Northern Women’s Championship; and Southern Women’s Championship.
A play-off will take place between the winners of the Northern and Southern Women’s Championship to crown a national champion, who will then have the chance to compete in a play-off for promotion against the team finishing bottom in the Super League, depending on them being able to meet minimum standards.
Full Wigan Warriors Women’s team fixtures:
Betfred Women’s Super League Fixtures
- Fri 19 Apr Wigan v Barrow, 5.30pm
- Sun 28 Apr Wigan v Featherstone, 12pm
- Sat 11 May Huddersfield v Wigan, TBC
- Sat 25 May Warrington v Wigan, TBC
- Fri 31 May St Helens v Wigan, 5.15pm
- Sat 15th Jun Barrow v Wigan, 1.30pm
- Sat 6 Jul Featherstone v Wigan, 2pm
- Sun 14th Jul Wigan v St Helens, 12pm
- Sun 21st Jul York v Wigan, 12pm
- Sun 4 Aug Wigan v Huddersfield, 12pm
- Fri 9 Aug Leeds v Wigan, 5.30pm
- Sat 31 Aug Wigan v Warrington, TBC
- Sun 8 Sep Wigan v York, 12pm
- Sun 15 Sep Wigan v Leeds, 12pm
Betfred Women’s Challenge Cup fixtures
- Sat 16 Mar Salford v Wigan – Group match 1
- Sun 24 Mar Barrow v Wigan – Group match 2
- 6/7 Apr Wigan v Cardiff – Group match 3
- 13/14 Apr Challenge Cup Quarter-Final
- 18/19 May Challenge Cup Semi-Final
- Sat 8 Jun Challenge Cup Final
All fixtures are subject to change.