Wigan Warriors are looking for an inspirational leader to join the club as Head of Community.
This is a key role that is responsible for delivering an ambitious strategic plan to increase Wigan Warriors Community Foundations reach, reputation and brand. We are looking for a high calibre Head of Community who has the ability to ensure that Wigan Warriors Community Foundation is one of the leading and most respected Community Foundations in Sport.
- Support the development of the foundations long term strategy and ensure that Wigan Warriors Community Foundation is one of the leading and most respected in sport.
- Develop creative community focused programmes across sport, health, wellbeing and education that create significant impact in Sport.
- To oversee the operations & staff in a professional manner, ensuring that all objectives and targets are met.
- To further develop engagement levels with the local community
- Create and implement strategies and processes which achieve long-term sustainable community focused success for Wigan Warriors Community Foundation
- Ensure that the Foundation operates within its set budget.
- Lead the relationship with external funders, partners and sponsors.
- Ensure the Foundation continually develops new funding streams via grant funding, commissioned delivery and fundraising activity.
- To work with the Board to develop key KPIs to monitor the development of the Foundation.
- Plan and deliver a comprehensive Rugby League development initiative across schools, community clubs, camps and other relevant activity.
- To always represent and promote the Foundation in a positive and progressive manner, engaging and developing relationships with existing and new members of WWCF key stakeholders and members of the local community.
- Create and distribute the Foundations annual impact report.
- Provide timely and detailed reports to the board on all aspects of performance.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience leading a similar community focused organisation.
- Ability to effectively develop, lead and support outstanding governance.
- Ability to develop and implement high quality, varied and creative programmes and activities that support the local community.
- Experience of working with a range of agencies to ensure efficient strategic delivery of programmes.
- Develop strategies and ensure the effective implementation.
- Monitoring and evaluating impact of programmes and initiatives.
- Experience of setting and achieving performance targets.
- Experience of leading, managing, supervising and co-ordinating a team of staff and volunteers.
- Relevant knowledge and experience of strategies, policies and initiatives regarding all aspects of community sport and charitable organisations
- Understanding of how to manage people and getting the best out of a team / individual.
- Ability to inspire, engage and educate people through sport.
- The ability to work under own initiative and be pro-active in driving the Foundation forward.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Wigan Warriors is fully committed to safer recruitment and will ensure that all necessary pre-employment checks are made to ensure the safety of children and vulnerable adults. Please note that this role is subject to a satisfactory DBS clearance being obtained.
How to apply
Please request an application pack from Carol Madden via email [email protected]
Closing date for applications – 5pm on Friday 29th September
Wigan Warriors is an Equal Opportunities employer and we are committed to continuing to make diversity, equity, and inclusion a core part of everything we do.