Match Preview: SalfordFollow @WiganWarriorsRL
In association with Davanti Tyres, here is everything you need to know ahead of Friday’s Betfred Super League clash against Salford Red Devils (8:00pm K.O.)
Matt Peet has once again announced an unchanged 21-man squad for Friday’s Round 6 fixture at the DW Stadium:
Salford also announced their squad for the fixture on Wednesday afternoon:
Last ten meetings:
- Salford 12, Wigan 30 (SLR15, 10/6/22)
- Wigan 30, Salford 24 (SLR10, 24/4/22)
- Wigan 20, Salford 0 (CCR6, 25/3/22)
- Wigan 16, Salford 6 (SLR18, 6/8/21)
- Salford 16, Wigan 17 (SLR7, 22/5/21)
- Wigan 58, Salford 12 (SLR17, 23/10/20) (at Totally Wicked Stadium, St Helens)
- Salford 18, Wigan 14 (SLR7, 13/3/20)
- Wigan 4, Salford 28 (SLFE, 4/10/19)
- Wigan 18, Salford 12 (SLQPO, 20/9/19)
- Wigan 28, Salford 12 (SLR20, 28/6/19)
Super League summary
Wigan won: 47
Salford won: 8
Matt Peet spoke to the press on Tuesday ahead of the game, saying: “They’re a team that everyone enjoys watching, they’re not going to come and roll over. They’re going to test us with the ball and they’re going to compete in defence. They’re a great team to watch and a tricky team to prepare for. We know we have to defend with energy and enthusiasm and be ready for anything from the quality players they’ve got.
“We’re showing signs that we’re finding our way. There’s positive signs, we’re healthy, the team’s connected so hopefully we can keep putting our best foot forward.”
You can read the full Peet Preview HERE.
Here is all the information you need if you’re joining us at the DW Stadium on Friday.
Fans are advised that there will be a one minutes silence prior to kick off (8pm) in remembrance of former Wigan Warriors player Bryn Hargreaves.
You can buy tickets for the match in one of these three ways:
- Buy online by clicking HERE.
- Call the DW Stadium Ticket Office on 01942 311111 (open 9am-5pm Mon-Fri).
- Visit the DW Stadium Ticket Office in person (open 9am-5pm Mon-Fri)
- Loyal 18 members – from £10 Junior and £24 Adults
- General sale – from £12 Junior and £26 Adults
East and West Stands
- Loyal 18 members – from £20 Junior and £28 Adult
- General sale – from £22 Junior and £30 Adult
Robin Park Fan Arena Village
Our Fan Village is open from 5:30pm! Head over to Robin Park Arena to soak up the pre-match atmosphere with free entry for all with a valid match ticket. Our Club store and pop-up store will both be open to pick up any merchandise ahead of the game, as well as two on-site bars.
Card payments are now accepted on all of our car parks, the charges remain the same (£5.00 per car/£10 per minibus/£20 per coach on Car Park 1, and Cars £5.00 on Car Parks 3 & 4).
You can purchase a Season Car Park pass for £40 HERE. Please note that car park passes are not valid for non-Betfred Super League games.
Golden Gamble and Matchday Programme
For just £1 per ticket (CASH ONLY), prizes include a Cash Prize, a Player’s Match worn shirt and plenty of fantastic vouchers, not forgetting the famous Jar of Uncle Joe’s Mint Balls.
Our ‘Warrior’ Matchday Programme will also be available from our sellers around the ground for £4, as well as being available to purchase in our Club Store at Robin Park Arena. You can also purchase our Matchday Programme digitally for just £3, available to buy 60 minutes before kick-off (7:00pm) HERE.
The Warriors will be playing in their 2023 Cherry and White jersey for this Friday’s game! Not got yours? Join the pack and get your very own official 2023 Home Kit Shirt, available in-store and online HERE.
The man in the middle for Round 6 is Chris Kendall.
How to Follow
Listen to free audio commentary of Wigan Warriors v Salford Red Devils at the DW Stadium (8pm KO).
Our regular commentary team of Joe Mills and Bilko (Andrew Rimmer) will bring you full commentary, with coverage starting 10 minutes before kick-off (7:50pm). Head to our Mixlr page by clicking HERE. Alternatively, you can simply use the pop out player below:
As an alternative to following the game, Wigan fans can keep up-to-date with every piece of the action via our social media channels and website:
- Twitter (@WiganWarriorsRL) – live game updates and reaction at the final hooter.
- Instagram (@wiganwarriorsrl) – behind-the-scenes action, both before and after kick-off.
- Facebook (Wigan Warriors) – live matchday information and reaction.
- Website (www.wiganwarriors.com) – post-match reaction including match report, and head coach and players reaction