Wigan Warriors Education are looking to appoint a qualified sports tutor with experience delivering within the further education sector.
This role will involve delivery and assessment on a range of courses from Level 1 up to Higher Education Degree.
The college requires a focused and driven individual with a passion for quality education. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a real enthusiasm to develop young people to the highest level within further and higher education (14-19 years old).
Location: Robin Park Arena – Education department.
Job Type: Full time.
Qualifications and Experience:
- PGCE, Certificate or Diploma in Education or equivalent (Essential).
- Degree in Sport/Coaching/Exercise & Fitness etc. (Essential).
- Industry certificates in Sports and Active Leisure (Essential).
- Teaching experience within the Further Education sector (Essential).
- Proven track record of delivering outstanding results in education (Essential).
- Assessor qualification (Desirable).
- Industry experience in Health & Fitness (Desirable).
You will have a track record in:
- Delivering and assessing across Level 1 and Level 2 industry Awards (Coaching, Fitness etc.)
- Delivering the RQF BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Sport.
- Marking, assessment and grading on BTEC Sport qualifications.
- BTEC Sport compliance and submission guidelines.
- Delivering NGB Coaching qualifications.
- Building meaningful and positive working relationships with students and peers.
- Course delivery and assessment of Level 3 BTEC Sport qualifications.
- Course delivery and assessment of Industry Awards in Sport, Exercise and Health & Fitness (Level 1,2 and 3).
- Course facilitation on the Higher Education BSc Degree in Sports Coaching and Development.
- Working with Year 10 and Year 11 students on a successful schools sports and education programme.
- Regular tracking and monitoring of student progression throughout their programme.
- The completion of term time student progress assessments.
- Attending staff training and CPD sessions.
- Support the ongoing recruitment of students through regular Careers events and open evenings.
- Adhering to and promoting Warriors Education policies and procedures.
Salary: Competitive – dependent on experience.
Closing date for applications: Friday 20th January 2023.
How to apply: To apply, please send your current CV and Covering Letter to: Wigan Warriors College Head of Education, Kevin Perry [email protected]