Wigan Warriors are looking for an experienced Finance Assistant to join the team at Robin Park Arena. The role will be full time – 37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday.
- To control the Purchase Ledger of Wigan Warriors.
- To execute BACS payments for suppliers via online banking.
- Deal with supplier queries and resolving them within a timely manner.
- Complete statement reconciliations for main suppliers on a frequent basis.
- Link supplier invoices / credits to the accounts software system frequently.
- To assist in the book-keeping of two other small companies associated to Wigan Warriors.
- Perform bank reconciliations for approx. 4 bank accounts on a weekly basis.
- Post, on a monthly basis, the company credit card ensuring recharges are completed and all receipts are accounted for.
- Reconcile and post on a weekly basis the monies received from the Ticket Office function of the rugby Club.
- Control the petty cash of the rugby Club and associated companies ensuring it is balanced and posted frequently.
- To assist in providing the commercial departments with lists of customer receipts.
- To assist in releasing customer sales invoices via email daily.
- To review the Sales Ledger frequently to highlight any overdue debts.
- To assist with month end journals.
Skills & Experience:
- Prior experience in a relevant finance role – minimum 3 years.
- Adhering to confidential matters and being professional at all times.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Good time management skills.
- Experience with integrated accounts software packages.
- Able to contribute positively as part of a team, helping out with various tasks as required.
- Negotiable – dependent on experience.
Please send cover letter and CV to Carol Madden – [email protected]
Closing date for applications: Friday 25th November 2022