In association with Davanti Tyres, here is everything you need to know ahead of Wigan Warriors’ Round 23 Betfred Super League game against Wakefield Trinity.
Wigan Warriors travel to the Be Well Support Stadium for the third time this year to face Wakefield Trinity on Sunday 14th August, 3pm K.O.
Peet has made one change to his 21-player squad this week, Brad O’Neill comes back into the fold following suspension, in place of Junior Nsemba.
In his weekly press conference, Matt Peet confirmed that Iain Thornley, Tommy Leuluai, Sam Powell, Ethan Havard and John Bateman all remain unavailable for selection this week due to injury.
Wigan Warriors squad to face Wakefield Trinity:
Matt Peet has named his Cherry and White squad for Sunday’s fixture.
Wakefield Trinity Head Coach Willie Poching also named his side for the fixture on Friday afternoon.
Wigan come into the tie sitting second in the table, having won 16 of their 22 fixtures and on the back of a 32-6 victory over Warrington Wolves on home soil. Wakefield sit towards the bottom end of the table and with just one win in the last five games.
Last ten meetings:
- Wakefield 22, Wigan 46 (SLR17, 3/7/22)
- Wigan 54, Wakefield 10 (SLR9, 18/4/22)
- Wakefield 6, Wigan 36 (CCQF, 10/4/22)
- Wigan 25, Wakefield 12 (SLR15, 23/7/21)
- Wakefield 14, Wigan 6 (SLR11, 24/6/21)
- Wigan 34, Wakefield 6 (SLR2, 1/4/21)(at Totally Wicked Stadium, St Helens)
- Wigan 28, Wakefield 16 (SLR13, 25/9/20)(at Halliwell Jones Stadium, Warrington)
- Wakefield 22, Wigan 23 (SLR8, 9/8/20)(at Emerald Headingley, Leeds)
- Wakefield 16, Wigan 24 (SLR27, 1/9/19)
- Wigan 46, Wakefield 16 (SLR23, 18/7/19)
Super League Summary
- Wakefield wins: 13
- Wigan wins: 44
On this week’s opposition, Peet said: “I think what we do know with them is that it’s always tough, they have so much talent and the game is never straightforward. Last time we went there we got off to a great start but the game had a few swings and momentum swings in it, so we’ve got to be prepared for the best of Wakefield. They’re a desperate team who have everything on the line.”
He added: “I’m not sure what to expect with one of the stands now being closed, but you know it’s going to be challenging in lots of different ways. The important thing is their 17-players are fighting for survival and their Club is a proud one so we’ve got to be enthusiastic and committed first and foremost.”
Read more from the Warriors boss ahead of Sunday’s game HERE.
The man in the middle on Sunday afternoon will be Marcus Griffiths.
The Warriors will wear the traditional Cherry & White hoops this Sunday.
Away Ground Guide
Get all the information ahead of Sunday’s trip to Wakefield. Click HERE to see what is available around the ground at the Be Well Support Stadium. For travel information on how to get to Wakefield, visit our Away Ground Guide HERE.
Wigan fans will be based in the Western Standing Terrace.
Ticket prices for the game are as follows:
- Adult – £25
- Concession (65+, Students, 17-21) – £20
- Junior (16 and Under) – £10
- Junior Members – £5
- Carer / Disabled (Wheelchair and Ambulant) – FREE
- Infants 5 and Under – FREE
On arrival at the ground, please make your way to the Western Terrace turnstiles Exit D to gain entry.
Pay on the day
Tickets will be available to purchase on the day of the game with no price increase.
Official Club Travel
Run by Tyrers Coach, the Official Club Travel Coaches for Wakefield will depart from Robin Park Arena on Sunday 14th August at 11:30am.
How to follow
Listen to free audio commentary of Wakefield Trinity v Wigan Warriors from the Be Well Support Stadium as Wigan face Wakefield in Round 23 of Betfred Super League.
Our regular commentary team of Joe Mills and Bilko (Andrew Rimmer) will bring you full commentary, with coverage starting 10 minutes before kick-off (2:50pm).
How to listen
Head to our Mixlr page by clicking HERE. Alternatively, you can simply use the pop out player below.
Highlights and match reaction will be available on Wigan TV following the result. Not a subscriber? Find out more HERE.
As an alternative to following the game, Wigan fans can keep up-to-date with every piece of the action via our social media channels and website,
- Twitter (@WiganWarriorsRL) – live game updates and reaction at the final hooter.
- Instagram (@wiganwarriorsrl) – behind-the-scenes action, both before and after kick off.
- Facebook (Wigan Warriors) – live matchday information and reaction.
- Website (www.wiganwarriors.com) – post-match reaction including match report, and Head Coach and players reaction.