In association with Davanti Tyres, here is everything you need to know ahead of Wigan Warriors’ Round 22 Betfred Super League game against Warrington Wolves.
Wigan Warriors host Warrington Wolves this Friday 5th August at the DW Stadium, 8pm K.O. The game also sees both sides face off to win the Locker Cup for the first time in three years.
Matt Peet has made three changes to his 21-man squad as Sam Powell and Ethan Havard drop out through injury whilst Brad O’Neill serves a one-match suspension. In their place comes Brad Singleton who returns from a three-match ban, with Academy products Junior Nsemba and Harvie Hill named.
Sam Powell is expected to be sidelined for around a month, Peet confirmed, after injuring his foot against Hull KR last Thursday. Tommy Leuluai, Ethan Havard and Iain Thornley are unavailable with John Bateman not in contention, but nearing a return.
Wigan Warriors squad to face Warrington Wolves:
Matt Peet has named his Cherry and White squad for Friday’s fixture.
Warrington Head Coach Daryl Powell also named his side for the fixture on Wednesday afternoon.
Wigan come into the tie sitting second in the table, whilst their opposition sit down in tenth and will be looking to get some more wins on the board.
Last ten meetings:
- Warrington 22, Wigan 40 (SLR11, 29/4/22)
- Warrington 10, Wigan 6 (SLR23, 5/9/21)(at St James’ Park, Newcastle)
- Warrington 21, Wigan 8 (SLR16, 28/7/21)
- Wigan 14, Warrington 40 (SLR12, 30/6/21)
- Warrington 14, Wigan 18 (SLR15, 9/10/20)(at Emerald Headingley, Leeds)
- Wigan 16, Warrington 10 (SLR1, 30/1/20)
- Wigan 20, Warrington 6 (SLR26, 16/8/19)
- Warrington 26, Wigan 14 (SLR16, 25/5/19)(at Anfield, Liverpool)
- Warrington 26, Wigan 24 (CCR6, 12/5/19)
- Warrington 25, Wigan 12 (SLR6, 15/3/19)
Super League Summary
- Wigan wins: 41
- Warrington wins: 26
- Draws: 3
Looking ahead to Heritage day, Matt Peet said: “I think the fact that it’s the heritage game is very significant to us as a Club, we have a great history and some of our past players will be in attendance so that’s something we want to celebrate with our players and our fans and the Locker Cup adds to that sense of Nostalgia.”
On the history of the Club, Peet said: “I think our players stand on the shoulders of all those that have gone before them. That’s what is special about our Club, our history but also how we use our history to help inspire the current and the next generation. It’s not about only looking back, it’s about using what has gone before to power us forward and to learn from and inspire us. It’s a great time to tap into that and there’s no better game than this.”
Read more from the Warriors boss ahead of Friday’s game HERE.
The man in the middle on Friday night will be Jack Smith.
The Warriors will return home wearing the traditional Cherry & White hoops this Friday.
Ticket prices for the game are as follows:
- Loyal 18 members – from £10 Junior and £23 Adults
- General sale – from £11 Junior and £25 Adults
East and West Stands – in line with 2022 season ticket prices, tickets for the East and West Stands are priced the same:
- Loyal 18 members – from £20 Junior and £28 Adult
- General sale – from £21 Junior and £30 Adult
How to buy
You can buy tickets for both games in either of these three ways:
- Buy online by clicking HERE.
- Call the DW Stadium Ticket Office on 01942 311111 (open 9am-5pm Mon-Fri).
- Visit the DW Stadium Ticket Office in person (open 9am-5pm Mon-Fri).
Card payments are now accepted on all of our car parks, the charges remain the same (£5.00 per car/£10 per minibus/£20 per coach on Car Park 1, and Cars £5.00 on Car Parks 3 & 4). Seasonal passes are still available at the Ticket Office. Card payments on the car parks are the preferred method of payment.
Around the ground
Cancer Research UK Collection
We will be raising money for our Charity partner for 2022, Cancer Research UK, around the ground on Friday. Look out for our Club staff who will be carrying buckets for anyone wishing to make a donation!
Head over to Robin Park Arena to visit our new and improved Fan Village, which will be open from 5:45pm. With a new bar, additional seating, big screen and collectible player cards, our Fan Village will re-launch bigger and better than ever before.
The Fan Village is the perfect place to soak up the pre-match atmosphere on game day, featuring food and drink, live music from local talent and live Q&As before and after the game with first team players. The one and only Mighty Max, our Warrior Cheerleaders and the Wigan Rugby Heritage Society are always in attendance too.
A new addition for this week sees Warrington Wolves legend Ben Westwood bring his Super Bennie’s Food Emporium to the fan village, serving up a great range of food!
Our Club Store is also open prior to and after each home game, with the opportunity to shop whilst at the Fan Village.
How to follow
Listen to free audio commentary of Wigan Warriors v Warrington Wolves from the DW Stadium as Wigan face the Wolves in Round 22 of Betfred Super League.
Our regular commentary team of Joe Mills and Bilko (Andrew Rimmer) will bring you full commentary, with coverage starting 10 minutes before kick-off (7:50pm).
How to listen
Head to our Mixlr page by clicking HERE. Alternatively, you can simply use the pop out player below.
Highlights and match reaction will be available on Wigan TV following the result. Not a subscriber? Find out more HERE.
As an alternative to following the game, Wigan fans can keep up-to-date with every piece of the action via our social media channels and website,
- Twitter (@WiganWarriorsRL) – live game updates and reaction at the final hooter.
- Instagram (@wiganwarriorsrl) – behind-the-scenes action, both before and after kick off.
- Facebook (Wigan Warriors) – live matchday information and reaction.
- Website (www.wiganwarriors.com) – post-match reaction including match report, and Head Coach and players reaction.