England Women are pleased to announce the addition of a Knights Performance Squad with the aim of developing pathways into the senior England squad, with three Warriors selected.
Warriors wing and centre duo, Anna Davies and Kaitlin Hilton have both been selected along with new recruit for 2022, Mary Coleman, who has been in blistering form for the Warriors this season.
Leeds Rhinos Head Coach and former England Women international Lois Forsell will lead the side. Forsell earned 18 caps for England Women and featured in both the 2013 and 2017 Rugby League World Cups. She has since gone on to guide Leeds Rhinos Women to both the Betfred Women’s Challenge Cup and Super League Grand Finals.
Forsell said: “I am extremely proud to have been given the opportunity to be involved with England once again. I was always passionate about representing my country as a player and now I’m going to carry that passion into a new coaching role.
“It’s fantastic that we are now getting an England Women Knights squad. It is a crucial step on the ladder which will only help the pathway for younger players who are aiming to become full England Women internationals.
“I have always believed in supporting and developing young players during my time at Leeds Rhinos and I am now looking forward to doing that on the international stage.”
Forsell will be joined by fellow former England teammate Kirsty Moroney who appeared for England Women on 19 occasions, with only five female players having represented their country more times. Moroney has enjoyed two spells as Bradford Bulls Women Head Coach.
Head of England Female Pathways Stuart Barrow said: “This is an important part of the pathway providing players with the opportunity to be exposed to an England Rugby League environment.
“It was important we created this link to support the senior squad, with the players who are selected having a view to becoming England Women senior players further down the line.
“Selections are based on both current form and potential with progress being monitored closely by staff. This squad will be fluid with the chance for anyone who is performing well to be invited.
“I am really pleased that the group will be coached by Lois Forsell who understands what it takes to play at the highest level both domestically and internationally and will use those experiences alongside her coaching pedigree to help these players develop.”
England Women Knights Squad:
- Emily Baggaley (Warrington Wolves)
- Jasmine Bell (York City Knights)
- Chloe Billington (Featherstone Rovers)
- Amelia Brown (Huddersfield Giants)
- Danielle Bush (St Helens)
- Mary Coleman (Wigan Warriors)
- Jasmine Cudjoe (Leeds Rhinos)
- Anna Davies (Wigan Warriors)
- Becky Grady (Huddersfield Giants)
- Kaitlin Hilton (Wigan Warriors)
- Emma Kershaw (York City Knights)
- Orla McCallion (Leeds Rhinos)
- Katie Mottershead (St Helens)
- Lacey Owen (York City Knights)
- Eboni Partington (St Helens)
- Sinead Peach (York City Knights)
- Tamzin Renouf (York City Knights)
- Erin Stott (Huddersfield Giants)
- Bella Sykes (Huddersfield Giants)