In association with Davanti Tyres, here is everything you need to know ahead of Wigan Warriors’ Betfred Super League tie against Wakefield Trinity.
Wigan Warriors travel to the Be Well Support Stadium for the second time this season as they face Wakefield Trinity in Round 17 of the Betfred Super League on Sunday 3rd July (3pm K.O.) Our LDRL and PDRL sides will also take on Wakefield at the Stadium following the first team game.
Campaign so far
The Warriors come into the fixture on the back of a Challenge Cup victory, followed by three consecutive and convincing wins in the Betfred Super League, currently seeing them second in the ladder and in good form.
Wakefield had two good wins earlier in June but do come into the tie on the back of a big 74-10 loss away to Salford Red Devils last week and will be looking to get back to winning ways.
Matt Peet named the same 21-player squad to face Wakefield that was selected for Toulouse last weekend.
Morgan Smithies will serve the final game of his four-match suspension for two separate High Tackle sanctions in the Cup Final. Iain Thornley and Cade Cust remain unavailable through injury.
Wigan Warriors squad to face Wakefield Trinity:
Peet has named his Cherry and Whites squad for Sunday’s fixture.
Wakefield Head Coach Willie Poching also named his side for the fixture on Friday afternoon.
- Wigan 54, Wakefield 10 (SLR9, 18/4/22)
- Wakefield 6, Wigan 36 (CCQF, 10/4/22)
- Wigan 25, Wakefield 12 (SLR15, 23/7/21)
- Wakefield 14, Wigan 6 (SLR11, 24/6/21)
- Wigan 34, Wakefield 6 (SLR2, 1/4/21)(at Totally Wicked Stadium, St Helens)
- Wigan 28, Wakefield 16 (SLR13, 25/9/20)(at Halliwell Jones Stadium, Warrington)
- Wakefield 22, Wigan 23 (SLR8, 9/8/20)(at Emerald Headingley, Leeds)
- Wakefield 16, Wigan 24 (SLR27, 1/9/19)
- Wigan 46, Wakefield 16 (SLR23, 18/7/19)
- Wakefield 30, Wigan 20 (SLR10, 12/4/19)
Super League summary:
- Wakefield wins: 13
- Wigan wins: 43
Speaking to the press ahead of Sunday’s match, Matt Peet said: “It’s not been an easy place for us to go anyway, but what they’ve got coming up with the stand coming down. They’ll be determined this week, there’s no doubt about that.”
He added: “I’m pleased with how we’re turning up week-on-week. We’ve got a lot to do yet as far as becoming one of the top teams for consistency, defensively we feel as a group that there is a lot of improvement in us.”
Read more from Matt Peet ahead of the game in his full preview HERE.
The man in the middle on Sunday afternoon will be Chris Kendall.
Match tickets are available to buy online HERE and in-Store at Robin Park Arena (open Monday-Saturday, 10am-4pm). Please note there are no telephone sales being taken for this game.
There will be no more sales online after Tuesday 28th June at 4pm. There will be no more in-Store sales after 3pm on Friday 1st July.
Wigan fans will be based in the Western Standing Terrace.
Ticket prices for the game are as follows:
- Adult – £10
- Junior (16 and Under) – FREE
- Carer / Disabled (Wheelchair and Ambulant) – FREE
On arrival at the ground, please make your way to the Western Terrace turnstiles Exit D to gain entry.
Pay on the day
Tickets will be available to purchase on the day of the game with no price increase.
Official Club Travel
Run by Tyrers Coach, the Official Club Travel is available for this game.
Coaches for Wakefield will depart from Robin Park Arena on Sunday 3rd July at 11:30am. Please note that Coach travel sales have now closed.
The Warriors will be back in pink this weekend as we take to the field in the alternative charity shirt.
How to follow
Listen to free audio commentary of Wakefield Trinity v Wigan Warriors from the Be Well Support Stadium.
Our regular commentary team of Joe Mills and Bilko (Andrew Rimmer) will bring you full commentary, with coverage starting 10 minutes before kick-off (2:50pm).
How to listen
Head to our Mixlr page by clicking HERE. Alternatively, you can simply use the pop out player below.
Match highlights and match reaction will be available on Wigan TV following the result. Not a subscriber? Find out more HERE.
As an alternative to following the game, Wigan fans can keep up-to-date with every piece of the action via our social media channels and website,
- Twitter (@WiganWarriorsRL) – live game updates and reaction at the final hooter.
- Instagram (@wiganwarriorsrl) – behind-the-scenes action, both before and after kick off.
- Facebook (Wigan Warriors) – live matchday information and reaction.
- Website (www.wiganwarriors.com) – post-match reaction including match report, and Head Coach and players reaction.