Employer: Wigan Warriors – Competence
Role: Sports & Education Tutor
Location: Robin Park Arena – Education Department
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Competitive – subject to experience
Closing Date: Friday 22/07/2022
Wigan Warriors College are looking to appoint a qualified sports tutor with experience delivering within the further education sector. This role will involve delivery and assessment on a range of courses from Level 2 up to Higher Education Degree.
The college requires a focused and driven individual with a passion for quality education. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a real enthusiasm to develop young people to the highest level within further and higher education (16-19 years old).
Your qualifications and experience:
|PGCE, Certificate or Diploma in Education or equivalent||Essential|
|Degree in Sport / Coaching / Exercise & Fitness etc||Essential|
|Industry Certificates in Sports and Active Leisure||Essential|
|Teaching experience within the Further Education Sector||Essential|
|Proven track record of delivering outstanding results in education||Essential|
|Industry Experience in Health & Fitness||Desirable|
You will have a track record in:
- Delivering the BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Sport.
- Marking, Assessment and Grading on BTEC Sport qualifications.
- BTEC Sport compliance and submission guidelines.
- Delivering NGB Coaching qualifications.
- Building meaningful and positive working relationships with students and peers.
- Course delivery and assessment of Level 3 BTEC Sport qualifications.
- Course delivery and assessment of Industry Awards in Sport, Exercise Health & Fitness.
- Course facilitation on the Higher Education Degree in Sports Coaching and Development
- Regular tracking and monitoring of student progression throughout their programme
- The completion of term time Student Progress Assessments
- Attending staff training and CPD sessions
- Other duties as stated by the Warriors Head of Education
- Adhering to and promoting Warriors Education policies and procedures
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV & Covering Letter to Warriors Head of Education – Kev Perry – [email protected]