- Superhero Round is coming to the DW Stadium as Wigan host Catalans on Friday 17th September.
- Two offers for the game as all STH can bring a friend for free and all key workers are eligible for two free tickets each in the North Stand.
- Tickets are also now on sale. Buy online or from the DW Stadium Ticket office by calling 01942 311111 (9am-5pm, Mon-Fri).
Superhero Round is coming to the DW Stadium on Friday 17th September as Wigan Warriors host Catalans Dragons (7:45pm K.O.) in the final round of the regular 2021 Betfred Super League season – a game where all Season Ticket Holders can bring a friend for free and all key workers are eligible for two free tickets each!
After the numerous challenges and difficulties we have all experienced this past year and a half, the Club are rewarding those who have acted like ‘superheroes’. Whether you are a Season Ticket Holder and would like to show your appreciation to someone who has helped you hugely through the pandemic or that you are a key worker and would like to come to watch some Rugby League, Wigan Warriors are putting on two offers to celebrate all things superheroes.
We are also encouraging everyone who plans to attend the game – whether you are a Warriors fan or someone who is watching Rugby League for the first time – to come in fancy dress as any superhero of your choice, with a special prize available for the best outfit!
For the fixture, all Season Ticket Holders can invite a friend or family member for free to attend with them. Please note that this offer must be redeemed by visiting or phoning the DW Stadium Ticket Office on 01942 311111. Tickets are now available to collect / order. Please note that seasonal hospitality clients can also claim tickets for friends or family but this does not include free hospitality.
Also, as a thank you to all key workers for their outstanding efforts throughout the Covid-19 pandemic, we are giving away two tickets each to every key worker who would like to come to the game. Please note that these tickets are for the North Stand only and must be redeemed via the DW Stadium Ticket Office with proof shown in person. Please see below the Terms and Conditions as to who qualifies as a key worker and what to show as proof if you are a key worker.
Please note that the deadline for Season Ticket Holders to invite a friend for free and key workers to claim two free tickets each is at 12pm on Friday 17th September.
In the week leading up to the game, starting from Saturday, we will be holding daily competitions and giving away prizes to Season Ticket Holders as a thank you for your loyal support throughout the 2021 season. Stay tuned across the Wigan Warriors website and social media channels for more information as we will be giving away Wigan TV subscriptions, retail vouchers, Loch Lomond Whiskies tasting gift sets (over 18s only), Myprotein product hampers, an ultimate fan experience of breakfast for two with the players at Robin Park Arena, and much more!
Tickets for Wigan v Catalans are also on sale for anyone else wanting to buy tickets.
How to buy
You can buy tickets in either of these three ways:
- Buy online by clicking HERE
- Call the DW Stadium Ticket Office on 01942 311111 (open 9am-5pm Mon-Fri)
- Head to the DW Stadium Ticket Office (open 9am-5pm Mon-Fri)
For more information on tickets at the DW Stadium, please click HERE.
Season Ticket Holders
As this fixture is a regular season round, 2021 Season Ticket Holders can access the game with the same QR code they will have received earlier in the season. If for any reason you are a Season Ticket Holder and have not got your QR code, please contact the DW Stadium ticket office on [email protected].
Who qualifies as a key worker?
The UK government has created an official list of key workers. We have summarised the industries below:
- Health and social care: doctors, nurses, midwives, paramedics, social workers, care workers, and other frontline health and social care staff, including volunteers.
- Education and childcare: childcare, support and teaching staff, social workers and education professionals.
- Key public services: those essential to the running of the justice system, religious staff, charities and workers delivering key frontline services, those responsible for the management of the deceased, journalists and broadcasters who provide public service broadcasting.
- Local and national government: only includes those administrative occupations essential to the effective delivery of the Covid-19 response, or delivering essential public services, such as the payment of benefits, including in government agencies and arms length bodies.
- Food and other necessary goods: those involved in food production, processing, distribution, sale and delivery, as well as those essential to the provision of other key goods.
- Public safety and national security: police and support staff, Ministry of Defence civilians, contractor and armed forces personnel, fire and rescue service employees, National Crime Agency staff, those maintaining border security, prison and probation staff and other national security roles.
- Transport: those who keep the air, water, road and rail passenger and freight transport modes operating during the Covid-19 response.
- Utilities, communication and financial services: staff needed for essential financial services, the oil, gas, electricity and water sectors, information technology and data infrastructure sector, as well as key staff working in the civil nuclear, chemicals, telecommunications, postal services and delivery, payments providers and waste disposal sectors.
What tickets are available?
Key workers can receive up to two tickets to the Wigan v Catalans game Friday 17th September in the North Stand only.
Proof of key worker status
To receive your tickets you will be asked to provide evidence that you are a key worker.
Accepted examples of evidence include:
- A payslip (redacted for any personal information)
- An offer of employment letter
- Image of your employee ID
- A letter of confirmation from your employer that includes your name, position and employer contact details