- Wigan to play Hull FC in the Betfred Challenge Cup Quarter Finals on Saturday 8th May (2:30pm K.O.).
- Game to be played at Leeds’ Emerald Headingley Stadium.
- Tie to be broadcast live on BBC1.
Wigan Warriors will play Hull FC in the Betfred Challenge Cup Quarter Finals on Saturday 8th May at Emerald Headingley Stadium (2:30pm K.O.), live on BBC1.
All four Betfred Challenge Cup Quarter Finals will be broadcast live on Friday 7th and Saturday 8th May – and all of them from the Emerald Headingley Stadium in Leeds.
Cup-holders Leeds Rhinos were defeated in Round Three by St Helens, whose tie with Huddersfield Giants will be shown live on Sky Sports at 8:15pm on Friday 7th May. Before then, Catalans Dragons take on Warrington Wolves in a 6pm kick-off, also on Sky Sports.
Coverage switches to BBC on Saturday 8th May, with BBC1 showing Hull FC versus Wigan at 2:30pm, and Castleford Tigers and Salford Red Devils going head-to-head live on BBC2 at 5pm.
RFL chief commercial officer, Mark Foster, says: “We’re delighted to be able to confirm that all four Quarter Final games will be broadcast live, and our thanks go to our broadcast and commercial partners for their continued support of Rugby League. The broadcasters have been extremely helpful in ensuring that all these games are televised and on successive days.
“Like last year, all Quarter Final matches are being played at a neutral venue, based on availability and suitability. In this case, Emerald Headingley Stadium offers a perfect venue for what promises to be an exciting round of matches. The two Round Three games shown by BBC last weekend drew the highest viewing figures for this particular round for four years, so we’ll be looking to maintain this momentum throughout this year’s competition.”
Betfred Challenge Cup Quarter Final Draw:
- Catalans Dragons v Warrington Wolves, Friday 7th May, 6pm
- St Helens v Huddersfield Giants, Friday 7th May, 8:15pm
- Hull FC v Wigan Warriors, Saturday 8th May, 2:30pm
- Castleford Tigers v Salford Red Devils, Saturday 8th May, 5pm