- Robin Park Arena to re-open for community use from Monday 7th September.
- The Arena will initially open Monday – Thursday, 4pm – 10pm, with further availability from October onwards.
- Bookings can be made via contacting reception on [email protected].
Wigan Warriors are pleased to announce that a number of Robin Park Arena facilities will be available for community bookings as of Monday 7th September 2020.
There will be a phased approached to re-opening the facility with initial availability being offered from Monday to Thursday, between 4pm and 10pm.
Bookings can be made by contacting reception on [email protected] or via telephone between 4pm and 8.30pm, Monday – Thursday (01942 762888). From Tuesday 8th September onwards, telephone bookings can also be made between 9am and 1pm.
What activity space will be available?
- 3G Pitches and Courts
Our 3G pitches and courts are available to support the return of team sports. At this stage we are only accepting bookings from clubs, leagues and organised groups. All attendees must be registered with the Robin Park Area in advance of each session. All users and hirers are required to completed a booking form and health questionnaire every time the facility is accessed. Users must also confirm that they are following NGB guidelines to safely control play during each session.
- Outdoor Athletics Track
The outdoor athletics track is open to support a phased return to training and competition. We are prioritising use for Wigan Harriers and organised training groups at this stage. All attendees must be registered with the Robin Park Area in advance of each session. The track can be booked in 1 ½ hour sessions: 4pm – 5.30pm, 5.30pm – 7pm and 7pm – 8.30pm. All users are required to completed a booking form and health questionnaire to access the facility.
- Indoor Athletics Track
The indoor track and gym will remain closed at this stage; we will provide further updates when re-opening is planned.
Which facilities will be available?
- Changing Rooms will not be available at this stage and we are asking all our customers to come to the Arena ready for their activity.
- Toilets will be available.
What else has changed since my last visit?
When you return to the Arena, you will notice several changes to help keep you and our staff safe. Among the changes in the Arena, you will find:
- Temperature check upon entering the building
- One-way directional signs to help you move around and maintain social distancing
- Enhanced cleaning regimes across all areas of the facility
- Additional hand sanitisers throughout the building
- Social distancing measures will be part and parcel of your visit and the activity that you undertake
- A cashless payment process will be in place
We thank all of our long-standing block booking customers who have already been in touch to confirm their desire to re-commence with their regular time slot and we look forward to welcoming both new and old visitors to Robin Park Arena as we re-open to the general public.
Sign up for Wigan Warriors Lotto today and you’ll have numerous great chances to win big every week for just £1! Sign up now and help us to continue the fantastic youth development work that has made us a world famous symbol of rugby league excellence!