- Fantastic benefits for supporters who are willing to donate their credit to the Club.
- Exclusive Fan Appreciation Shirt, Fan Wall inclusion and ticket/retail priority on offer to donors.
- Credit for 2021/2022 and refund options also available if needed.
The online portal for season ticket holders to confirm their preferred choice of credit option is now open, with supporters urged to consider the fantastic range of exclusive benefits on offer to every fan that opts to donate the funds back to the Club. Executive director Kris Radlinski has tonight emailed all supporters who have registered their relevant contact details within our ticketing database with the following update to explain the process…
Dear Valued Season Ticket Holder,
Further to my email on Friday explaining the credit options that we are making available to 2020 season ticket holders, I am pleased to confirm that the platform to submit your response is now open for the rest of August.
We would like to thank all of our supporters for their loyalty and patience throughout the massive challenges that Covid-19 has created for the Club. As you will have understood from our Chairman’s last letter to you, the financial contribution of season tickets is a vital component to the Club’s survival.
If you can afford to support a collective effort by committing a portion of your season ticket as a donation, this will make a massive difference in overcoming the challenges that we face. We understand that everybody has different circumstances as a result of Covid-19 and as such we have a range of options below for you to consider.
- Donate any credit you are owed to the Club to support us through this testing period and receive a range of fantastic incentives, including an exclusive 2021 Fan Appreciation Shirt, a place on our Fan Wall at Robin Park Arena and first place in the queue for all forthcoming ticket releases and retail launches – see our full list of benefits below. When you click through to the response form, you will see that you can convert your donation into the equivalent number of weekly Warriors Lotto entries if you prefer*, enjoying all the same benefits as above.
- Keep any credit you are owed on file as a discount against your 2021 or 2022 season ticket.
- Claim any credit you are owed as a refund.
*Only available to supporters aged 16 and above and based in the UK.
The platform will remain open until 11.59pm on Monday 31st August 2020 and any credit that you are due will be processed and applied as soon as we have the final confirmed number of games from your original season ticket that have either been cancelled or played behind closed doors. Each game that you are unable to attend for either of these reasons will be worth 1/14th credit of the price that you paid for your season ticket.
Please be aware that any supporters who opt against responding during August will have their response set to the first option – a donation to the Club – by default.
Benefits of Donating
If you are able to make the fantastic gesture of donating your credit back to the Club, we will recognise your contribution by offering you the following fantastic benefits:
- You will receive an exclusive Fan Appreciation Shirt at the start of the 2021 season, featuring your name woven into the fabric among all those who chose to donate and support our Club through this difficult time. This shirt will not be available to buy in our retail store – we will order the exact number that we need for everyone who donates, based on the shirt size that you can provide to us via the response form. The players will proudly wear this shirt at training and events throughout 2021 as a reminder of your generous support and what it means to the Club.
- We will also include your name on the Fan Wall that we will be proudly installing within the indoor training area at Robin Park Arena, so that our squad will be reminded of your loyalty to Wigan Warriors every time they train. You will be able to see the Fan Wall on matchdays too, as the location doubles up as our popular new Fan Zone.
- In the event of any major fixtures this season – which could be played under limited capacities, dependent on the Covid-19 situation at the time – you will be granted an exclusive priority period to secure your seats that puts you at the front of the queue with fellow donors. You will also receive similar priority on retail product launches throughout 2020.
We are aware that many of you receiving this email will be doing so on behalf of an extended group of friends or family. Please complete the response form separately for each member of your group; all we need is a swift and simple selection of contact points and a tick box answer for the option of your choice.
We are also conscious that many of our supporters without email/internet access will need to call us to submit their response; to accommodate their needs, a dedicated phone hotline will be available from Monday morning on 01942 762873 and will be open for calls from 9am to midday, every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday during August. If, instead, you are able to complete the online form on behalf of any supporters you know who are in this situation, this will be greatly appreciated as we process the many thousands of requests that we are expecting in the coming weeks.
We are extremely grateful for your loyalty and patience throughout this ongoing process and we trust that the options provided will suit your individual circumstances.
We await further guidance from the government and the game’s governing bodies with regards to the confirmed timeline for a return to match action at the DW Stadium but hope that it will be sooner rather than later and cannot wait for the day when we can get the Wigan family back together again.
In the meantime, your support via more distant means – such as considering donating your credit to us to help us through this major challenge – is as vital to us as it has ever been and is appreciated by everyone within the Club.
The response of fans who have kindly been in touch since my email last week has been phenomenal, which only goes to confirm what I have learned as a player – and now in my role as executive director – that our fanbase really are the Loyal 18.
Kris Radlinski, Executive Director