Job opportunity in men’s health at Wigan Warriors Community Foundation
Men’s Health Engagement Officer - Apply here
- Full Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded Here
In partnership with Inspiring Healthy Lifestyles and Wigan Athletic Community Trust, Wigan Warriors Community Foundation has recently been awarded Wigan Council’s Men’s Weight Management Service (MWNS) contract.
As part of this innovative programme we are now looking to appoint a Men’s Health Engagement Officer to engage and recruit potential clients onto the MWMS with a particular focus around working with Wigan Warriors supporters.
The position will encompass the following roles and responsibilities:
- Recruit and support Men with a BMI 25 – 39.9, (overweight and obese) into a 12 week weight management intervention as part of the MWMS.
- Develop a programme of activities to engage, motivate and persuade men, particularly those who support Wigan Warriors, and recruit them to take part in the MWMS offer.
- Work with the Communications teams across the partnership to raise the profile of the MWMS amongst club supporters and the wider community.
- Assist in the delivery of sessions as part of the MWMS offer.
- Identify progression routes for participants into further physical activity and sports provision organised by project partners.
- Recruit health champions/volunteers from Wigan Warriors supporters to assist in the promotion of the MWMS.
- Engage supporters from both Wigan Warriors and Wigan Athletic in events and competitions linked to weight loss.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and competencies:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a sport, community or health related subject
- Hold or willing to work towards a RFL Level 2 Coaching Award
- Hold a Level 2 Exercise and Fitness Qualification Proven
- Experience of delivering health promotion/public health interventions in community settings
- Experience of working with challenging and hard to reach young people and families in a sport or health setting
- A proven track record of planning and delivering health interventions specific to individual requirements.
Fixed Term Contract: 2nd April 2018 – 31st March 2020
Hours: 37.5 hours a week including evening and weekends
Due to this post being in regulated activity, the potential employee will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
A full Job Description and Person Specification can be found Here
For further information on the role please contact Mike Wearden at email@example.com or call 01942 762880.
To apply for the position please download and complete this Application Form detailing how you meet the criteria for the role. Please return your completed application to Michael Wearden, Wigan Warriors Community Foundation, Central Park, Montrose Avenue WN5 9XL or to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 23rd March 2018
Interview: Friday April 6th 2018
There are a number of additional new roles being advertised for the MWMS which can be found below on our partner’s websites:
Wigan Athletic Community Trust - Men’s Health Engagement Officer Visit site
Inspiring Healthy Lifestyles (Coming Soon)
Wigan Warriors Community Foundation is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief or sex and sexual orientation.